moo forum (:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where pixels commit suicide and cool comes to die

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP! I'm concerned about my privacy!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fail
Administrator
Administrator
Fail

MooPoints : 10737

HELP! I'm concerned about my privacy! Empty
PostSubject: HELP! I'm concerned about my privacy!   HELP! I'm concerned about my privacy! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:14 pm

[b][font size="16"] Help! I'm concerned for my privacy and safety!

Here at Moo Forum, we dont require you to give your birthday or your real name. If you are somewhat advanced with computers, you'd most likely know that every computer that connects to the internet has an identifying number to it that looks somewhat like this: 192.168.2.1. This number identifies you to the internet and "tells the internet where to send the information". Although this address, called an IP address, can't tell anybody about you, they can search it up and find your internet service provider's approximate location, and that location might be your approximate location. Here at Moo Forum, and on every forum on the internet, every post by a person; their IP address gets logged with it. That is the default setting and cannot be turned off due to abuse. If you are concerned about your privacy, there are ways to get around this not major problem.
  1. Use a free dialup service.
Free dialup services are great, their headquarters can be on the other side of the country.
  1. Use a proxy server.
A proxy server is another computer that "stands in front" of your computer, and shows their IP address instead of yours. An example proxy server you can use could be: www.hidemyass.com. You simply put in the address you want to go to (in this case mooforum.darkbb.com) and it will bring you there. Privacy is our policy. Please note that no body except for administrators can see your IP address. This means that only I can see your IP address and usually do not check peoples IP address accept if they are abusing our forum.
Thank you,
FAIL
official administrator compute
Back to top Go down
https://mooforum.darkbb.com

HELP! I'm concerned about my privacy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
moo forum (: :: HELP!-
Jump to: